September 1, 2013

Baby Jack is ONE

Jack.
I loved the name Jack and knew as soon as I found out I was having a boy that he would be named Jack.
The name Jack means God is Gracious.
Little did I know at the time how perfect and fitting his name would be. 
Having had a miscarriage before Jack, I decided I didn't want to go through trying for another baby.  However, God had other plans.  He was gracious.  He gave us Jack.


Sweet Baby Jack

From day one, Jack has been the best baby (other than taking naps)!
We've enjoyed (almost) every minute with him.  He is my sunshine and every time I put him down to sleep, I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him.  So I when I saw this frame, I HAD to get it. 

A couple weeks before the party, I got together with my friend, Jill Shrader, who also did Jack's newborn pictures, to do a cake smash session with Jack.  Doing a cake smash meant finding the perfect outfit, so I turned to Pinterest.  Through Pinterest, I found the cutest little diaper cover and leg warmers that fit in perfectly with my sock monkey theme. 
You can find this outfit and other cute ones at this Etsy shop
or on Facebook


The cake was another thing I spent hours on, browsing through pictures and trying to decide just what I wanted.  It was a hard decision! 
Finding where to have the cake made was easy.  I went with 
By purchasing the birthday cake through her, I got the smash cake for free!



Several months ago, I decided that I wanted to throw Jack a big 1st birthday party.  I love sock monkeys so it was a given that would be the theme.  I spent months planning, buying, preparing.
Through browsing Pinterest, I came across this cute invitation.  I purchased it through 
If you're looking for unique, custom made invitations, please check her out!  She was fast and great to work with!

The big day finally arrived and all my hard work sort of paid off.  Not many people came but the important thing was that Jack's sweet little life was celebrated and we had a good time.  








The kids enjoyed a coloring table...





...treat bags...


...and some bounce house fun.


Grandpa even got in on the fun.

We had some yummy food!  Chick-Fil-A nuggets and strips were tasty and filling!






My favorite part of the party...the candy table!

I had so much fun browsing thrift stores and various retail stores for the different candy jars.
I found the little cards at Hobby Lobby and made little name tags to set in front of each jar.  I thought it turned out super cute!


I don't think this jar ever got opened.  I guess this flavor of candy corn is not that popular.  






This is my Grandpa, Jack's Great Grandpa, playing a little sock monkey game.  

Grandma had to get in on it too.  








Not the greatest picture, but I was pretty pleased with the banner I made.  Not bad for the first time ever!

Time for presents! 


A fun toy from Aunt Erika, Uncle Adam, Caleb & James.

Clothes and pj's from Aunt Jini.

A bucket full of sock monkey fun from Uncle Josh and Aunt Tricia.

The sippy cups were a big hit!  Jack is the thirstiest baby I have EVER seen.  He drinks all the time.

A sippy cup and musical toy from Uncle Bubba, Aunt Alisha and Jay.

A cell phone toy from mommy and daddy.

Fun gifts from the Kuykendalls!  


 More books for story time with mommy in the mornings!

Mommy and Grandma think alike.  We got him the same book.  But she also got him a sippy cup so bonus points for her!


A train from Nana & Papa Dunn.

"Happy birthday to you..."

Attempting to blow out the candle.

Getting his first taste of the cake.  He loved it!



For all who came and joined in the fun, thank you!  For those who couldn't make it, we missed you.
To Baby Jack, I love you with all my heart and I'm so grateful that God chose to bless us with you.  Through you, he has shown us his graciousness and that we don't always know what's best for us.  
I hope you had a very happy birthday and wish you many, many more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment