August 2, 2011

Beach Bliss

I would like to introduce to you Mr. & Mrs. Jesse Lile.  
I have known Ami since she was a wee little girl, so we go way back.  We lost touch over the years, but a few years ago, thanks to the great, social network, I came across her and we reconnected.  When I saw a picture of her and her boyfriend, I said to myself, "I would LOVE to photograph these two gorgeous people!!!"  However, it didn't look like that would ever happen.  They live in Texas.  I live in Missouri.   Fast forward 3 or 4 years and I found myself in Texas, on the beach, documenting their wedding day by way of photograph.  
Enjoy the journey of that day!

We woke up to a beautiful, cloudless, sunny day!  Usually, there is a lull while everyone is still getting ready after I have already taken pictures where I sneak out with the rings and the flowers and grab a few pictures.  I found the perfect spot on the back deck with the ocean in the background.  

Here, Ami and her mom, Rogena (who I have also been able to reconnect with!) share a special moment.

After Ami was in her beautiful dress, her dad came upstairs so they could share some daddy/daughter time before the ceremony started.  I took these in color, but I think the moment just begged to be frozen in time in black and white.  

I absolutely love the look on her face here!  It reminds me of a little girl gazing up into her daddy's face begging for his approval and wanting to hear him say she looks like a princess.  Priceless.

I found the perfect little spot on this public beach to take the groomsmen pictures.  And can I just say I loved their outfits?!!!  So simple, so beachy, so handsome!  The leis added the perfect touch!

I found out after I landed (and got lost in the airport) that I was on the same flight as the best man as he is from Missouri as well.  Rogena and Ami had to send him to find me.  Thankfully he didn't attack me in a bear hug like she told him to do, otherwise I might've freaked out a little.  lol
The handsome groom and his equally handsome best man, Jesse and Aaron:

I was in love with the flowers they used to decorate the "aisle".  


The look on Jesse's face when he caught a glimpse of his bride coming towards him just about brought tears to my eyes!  It is absolutely obvious they are in love!

The ceremony went without a hitch and the officiator had this cool, British accent!  They could not have asked for a more perfect day (except maybe slightly cooler)!  Check out that blue, blue sky with not a cloud in sight!

Sharing a laugh over something...I think perhaps she had tried to put the ring on the wrong hand.  Don't quote me on that though.  It was a few months ago.  lol

I took this picture of the MOH and then got the idea to add each bridesmaid one at a time to make a series of pictures.  I think they turned out really cool!




The entire wedding party.  And can I just say they were all amazing in the way the all pitched in and helped make things happen.  The preparation part of the day did not go at all as planned!  lol  Seriously, this was a great wedding party!  Especially the groomsmen and MOH!

Since the wedding party was quite busy the morning of, I had to wait until after the ceremony to get the bridesmaids pictures.  Even after standing out in the hot sun, they still looked beautiful! 


Almost the entire wedding party, with the exception of two of the bridesmaids, was from Missouri.  The matron of honor is Jesse's sister.  She was very instrumental in making things happen the day of the wedding.  Kudos to you Amber Geib!  

 Ami and Jesse will forever be one of my most favorite couples to photograph!  They are gorgeous!  They are willing to do whatever I ask of them!  They are both amazing people!  




 This was by far the most fun I've had while shooting the cake feeding part of the ceremony.  As they each held a piece of cake in their hand, I heard Ami say to Jesse, "Are you ready?" and before he even had time to blink, well, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of this story.  :o)



 They were fun to watch as they had their first dance.  There were tender moments, romantic moments and lighthearted moments.  



 As the sun was setting, the couple made their way towards the beach to feed some seagulls and I was able to capture some great shots!



The whole day was beautiful and I felt honored to be a part of it, not only as their photographer, but also as their friend.  


Congratulations, Jesse and Ami!  

4 comments:

  1. Awwww!! That made me get all teary eyed! It was such an amazing day and you captured every moment. Thank you Joni Bain Photography ;) We love you so very much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joni, you have me in tears. I love you, too, Joni Bain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is awesome! Thank you for all of the shout outs :) I loved reliving that day through these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome. Like Amber said - loved reliving that day through this blog and the pictures. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete