January 22, 2013

Project 52 - Patterns

This week's theme was a bit tough for me.  I literally thought about it all week.  Patterns.  How and what should I use for this week's theme?  I suppose, that possibly, the one who thought up the themes for this project probably intended for the patterns to be a patterned backdrop, or perhaps a subject that was wearing patterned clothing such as stripes, plaids or polka dots.  But I was feeling inspired by none of those things. AND, she did, in fact, encourage us to interpret the themes however we wanted to. So, I thought that maybe I would get a bag of pink and red starbursts (partly b/c I just wanted to eat some pink and red starbursts) and make patterns.  You know, like pink, pink, red, pink pink red and so on.  But I wasn't 100% satisfied with that concept.  And then it dawned on me.  Why not use sewing patterns?  I love vintage things and my mom has an old Singer sewing machine as well as some old patterns.  I then got excited about shooting for this week's theme, even though I am 2 days late in posting.  Better late than never though, right?  ;) 
So here is what I came up with.  



Thanks, Mom, for allowing me to use these!  

No comments:

Post a Comment